The Amazon Smart Soap Dispenser provides a simple and helpful way to improve your handwashing routine and meet the CDC-recommended minimum amount of time.
The Amazon Smart Soap Dispenser arrives with a fully charged battery. You won’t need to charge it before setting it up.
Important: Complete set up in the Alexa app before adding soap.
Note: Before setting up your new Amazon Smart Soap Dispenser, make sure you download the latest version of the Alexa App.
Time needed: 5 minutes
To connect your Amazon Smart Soap Dispenser and pair it with Alexa, take the following steps:
- Power on the Smart Soap Dispenser by holding the power button at the back of the device.
- Open the Alexa app after the blue indicator light appears on the top of the Smart Soap Dispenser.
- In the Alexa app, select “More” at the bottom right, then select “Add a Device” at the top left.
- In the Alexa app, select “Soap Dispenser” and follow the on-screen instructions.
You’ll be asked to press the pause routine button on the top of the Smart Soap Dispenser for 5 seconds until a white flashing light appears.
- On the Routine set up screen, select “Tap here to select soap dispenser“.
- Select your device, and then select Detected and Next to continue.
- Choose the Echo device you want your Routine to play from, and then select Enable.
Note: To set up your handwashing routine anytime, go to Devices > All Devices > Soap Dispenser and set up your handwashing routine.
- Turn off the Smart Soap Dispenser
- Open the top lid of the Smart Soap Dispenser
- Fill the Smart Soap Dispenser with soap to the MAX line then close the lid
- Turn on the Smart Soap Dispenser
- Prime the Smart Soap Dispenser by moving your hand under the nozzle until soap dispenses