The Amazon Smart Air Quality Monitor tracks and measures your indoor air quality, and makes it easy to understand what’s in your indoor air. Setup is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Here are some helpful tips to consider before you get started:
- Place your device in an area with good airflow. Make sure to not obstruct the air intake vent.
- For optimal sensor readings, keep your device away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid placing your device near air vents, such as AC or heating vents.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Plug the Amazon Smart Air Quality Monitor into the wall
You should see a blue blinking light on your device.
If the LED light isn’t blinking blue, it means your device isn’t in set up mode. To put your device in set up mode, press and hold the multi-function button on the back of your device for 5-10 seconds until the light starts to blink blue.
- Open the Amazon Alexa App
If you don’t have the Alexa app, you can click one of the links below:
- In the Alexa app, select “More” at the bottom right, then select “Add a Device” at the top left.
- Select “Amazon Air Quality Monitor”.
- If prompted by the app, scan the barcode located on the bottom of the Amazon Smart Air Quality Monitor.
- Once the barcode is scanned, the Alexa app will look for the Smart Air Quality Monitor and automatically connect it to your WiFi network
- Once the Smart Air Quality Monitor device is connected to your WiFi network, press “Next” to continue the setup process
- Add the Amazon Smart Air Quality Monitor to a group
Select the group where you’ve installed the device, then press “Add to group”.
- Check your indoor air quality
Once you’ve added your Amazon Smart Air Quality Monitor to a group, you’re ready to start monitoring your indoor air quality. You use the Alexa app to view your air quality details, or ask “Alexa, what’s the indoor air quality?”
Important: The device will go through a 2-day calibration period to adjust the surrounding environment. During this time, sensor readings may be inaccurate.
At HelpfulHome.com, we’ve made it our mission to help you stay on the cutting edge of smart home technology. We provide tips, articles, and informative how-to’s to keep you up to speed on the industry-leading smart home innovations. If you have feedback or suggestions on topics for us to cover, please contact us.