If you have multiple Amazon Echo speakers in your home, you can play music through all speakers at the same time with Alexa Multi-Room Music.
Time needed: 1 minute
Take these steps to set up Multi-Room Music with the Alexa app
- Open up the Alexa app
- Select the devices icon
- Tap the + icon at the top right corner
- Select “Set Up Multi-Room Music”
- Select the Echo devices you want to include then press “Next”
- Name your Multi-Room Music group then press “Save”
You can choose from the list of pre-determined names, or create your own name
- Play multi-room music
To play multi-room music, say, “Alexa, play music [artist, genre or playlist] everywhere”
What music sources are supported?
Multi-Room music supports Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, and TuneIn.
What devices support Multi-Room Music?
Here’s a full list of Echo devices that support Multi-Room Music:
- Amazon Echo (all generations)
- Amazon Echo Plus (all generations)
- Amazon Echo Dot (all generations)
- Amazon Echo Studio
- Amazon Echo Sub
- Amazon Echo Show (all generations)
- Amazon Echo Show 8
- Amazon Echo Show 5
- Amazon Echo Spot
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
Note: Echo Tap does not support Multi-Room Music.
To learn how to set up your Amazon Echo, visit How to set up your Amazon Echo: An easy-to-follow guide.